Sunday, August 9, 2026

Let’s Move Moms!!!


Fitness by Aniyah!

(Easy ways to stay fit this season)

 

I know we are tired, busy, sick, or plain old overwhelmed!!! Consequently, that gym membership goes to waste and the home treadmill that we felt would solve the committing  to the gym issue is collecting dust!!!  

Fret no more ladies! We are about to turn this conundrum around!

Here are 10 things we can do daily to stay fit, lose weight, stop feeling sluggish, and feel stronger every day!!

#1)  Workday-brisk walk
Aim for 20–30 minutes. You can split it into two shorter walks if that's easier!

Moms, this isn’t always feasible for all of us, but I found a work around the busy workday:

-I pack easy to eat lunches like: Sandwiches, wraps, protein or granola bars, and fruit.

Fortunately, I get to eat these at my desk. So, when my lunch time comes around, I am totally free! I use my 30-minute lunch for a power walk around my job’s building. This way I am walking off the food that I indulged in at my desk!!!

Note: for those of you who can’t eat at your desk, try bringing finger food and eating it during your first break (brunch) so that you can free up your lunchtime!

-Do mini movement breaks during the workday-
Every hour or two, get up for 5 minutes. Walk around, stretch, do a few chair squats, or march in place.

***keep a pair of walking shoes at your desk!!***

#2)  Do a 15-minute home workout after work (Minimum 5 days a week)
Try squats, wall push-ups, lunges, glute bridges, and standing leg lifts and jumping jacks (jumping jacks are an effective full-body cardiovascular and plyometric exercise. Even 15 minutes counts).

#3)  Dance around the house 💃🏽
Put on your favorite playlist and dance for 20–30 minutes. It's cardio without feeling like traditional exercise.

This is the Puerto Rican blood in my veins LOL, but I tend to dance while I am cooking! This kills two birds one stone!!

#4)  Take the stairs

 Choose stairs instead of elevators whenever practical. It's an effortless way to add movement throughout the day.

#5)  Walk a few blocks before you get on the bus/Get off bus one stop early/park on the   far side of parking lots when shopping (during the day of course {safety first})

This will ensure you take extra steps daily!

#6)  Do strength exercises
Pushups (strengths chest and arms), put your back against a wall and squat (strengthens knees and thighs). Stand by the kitchen counter, put hands on them for support and bend down up and down motions (strengthens legs and back)!

If you have 5–10-pound free weights at home, go ahead and pick them up! Do some arm curls and lifts and get those arms toned!

#7) Walk while talking on the phone
Turn phone calls into movement opportunities. Walk around your home, outside, or in a safe indoor location.

#8)  Make chores your workout
Vacuuming, mopping, cleaning, gardening, and carrying laundry all keep your moving. Increase your pace and you'll get more activity.

#9) Try a beginner yoga or stretching routine/Low impact aerobics video

Preferably on a big screen (Laptop or TV) as opposed to your phone. It feels like someone else is in the room with you, which can be motivating.
A 10–20-minute routine can improve flexibility, balance, mobility, and body awareness.

#10) Organize your  weekly activity routine by creating a list!

Make your own list of things that work for you!
For example:
Mon: 30-minute walk (during lunch or after work)
Tue: 15-minute strength workout
Wed: Dance + stretching
Thu: 30-minute walk
Fri: 15-minute strength workout
Sat: Longer walk or active outing
Sun: Gentle stretching/rest.

Note: As you can see, we are constantly creating lists. Most if not all my tips are lists!

Don’t panic and don’t worry, I got you! Next week I will show you how to streamline your list!!

Cheers!

Aniyah

Keeping it moving, one step at a time!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment